In 2005 he co-founded Uplift Equity, a private family office focused on investments in health and wellness. In 1993, Stuart founded, Mindful Partners, a top performing public and private market hedge fund. In the 1980’s, he served as a Partner with Shearson, Lehman and an Associate Director at Bear Stearns Inc, facilitating funding of private environmental companies through the Global Environment Fund.
Stu’s sustainable industry Board involvement includes current Board Member at Blue Planet Network and founding Board member and past Chairman of Baykeeper of Northern California. He is actively involved with B Corporation, Environmental Entrepreneurs, Cradle to Cradle Institute, Global Impact Investing Network, NRDC, Greenpeace and Rainforest Action Network.
Stuart’s daily practice includes yoga, biking, Qi Gong and mindful living.
Marlena has a life long passion for health and wellness. She brings 10 years of professional experience in the food & beverage and health & wellness industries. She recently graduated with an MBA in Sustainable Management from Presidio Graduate School, where she focused her studies in finance and impact investing. Marlena has been called a “numbers whiz” and has a natural talent for financial analysis, investment due diligence and systems thinking. She strongly believes that we must align our money with our values in order to move the needle and have the biggest positive impact possible.
Marlena loves everything outdoors and is an avid yogi, runner & skier.
With his extensive experience in portfolio management and financial & research analysis, Gary has a knack for picking winners. He brings a depth of understanding in the banking and M&A world, as well as expertise in investing in the consumer products, health and nutrition industries to Mindfull Investors.
He is passionate about seeking out opportunities that are undiscovered or differ from the consensus.
- Ronald Blok, Rabobank, expertise in banking & food financing
- Peter Graham, Seventh Generation, expertise in home products
- Larry Jacobs, Del Cabo Farms, organic, sustainable agriculture
- Robert Rheaume, SIGG USA, expertise in consumer products & water market
- Errol Sober, Amy’s Kitchen, expertise in healthy, sustainable prepared foods
- Scott Sutherland, SutherlandGold Group, expertise in public relations
- Bobby Yazdani, Saba Systems, expertise in talent management & software
- Anthony Zolezzi, Pegasus Capital Advisors LP, expertise in eco-entrepreneurship